« Home | What's going on with Iran? » | Avian flu PANDEMIC!!! » | OMG!! Y-y-you heretic!! » | London subway workers go on strike » | This year in pictures » | Merry Christmas! » | life is a game » | The Patriot Act » | ....the holy leaf! » | Chrishaunawanza? » 

Monday, February 06, 2006 

HOLY F**K THAT'S FUNNY!!™ Ticker jacks up?

Although I've heard really positive feedback about the ticker, I've also heard a few complaints regarding the ticker and its use of system resources. Apparently, since I added on the ticker, people's computers tend to slow down somewhat when viewing the site. When I tested it myself, indeed, the CPU usage of Firefox skyrocketed. However, the only real-world difference I noticed was that my fans speeded up. In other words, it wasn't a difference big enough to cause me to take the code out. However, I'm not sure how exactly this is affecting your computers. If you have been experiencing this too, please let me know. The ticker itself is just some simple javascript code, so I wouldn't have thought of it as a system hog, but obviously I was wrong. Let me know: worsethanyouthink@gmail.com

Links

  • Google News




  • Subscribe



    Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Google
  • Spam Policy
  • Contact Me

    Think what I think is incredibly stupid? Or better yet, brilliant? Want to know more about an idea of mine? Want to tip me off about something cool that I can rant/rave about? You can do all of the above by sending an email my way at: worsethanyouthink@gmail.com



    Spread the Word!

    Do you enjoy Worse Than You Think? If you do, then one of the best things you can do is to add a link to Worse Than You Think on your site! And if you insist on compensation, then I would more than gladly add a link to your site on Worse Than You Think!





    Worse Than You Think is intended to be viewed on Mozilla Firefox at a resolution at or higher than 1024x768 resolution.
For more Worse Than You Think, check out the Archives


Copyright © 2007 NSD Media. All rights reserved.